The Hamstead Building is the first Blue Roof System to be installed in Ireland. IKO partnered with ABG Ltd for this Project, which achieved LEED Platinum.
Architect : P O’Toole Architects
Client : Park Developments
Main Contractor : P J Walls Ltd
Roofing Contractor : Kilkenny Asphalt Ltd
Roofing System : IKO Permaphalt Polymer modified asphalt with Blue Roof and Green Roof.
Roof Size : 1500m²
Materials Value :€180,000
Benefits of a Blue Roof System
- Reduces land take
- Cost effective
- Reduces earth works requirements
- Helps Achieve LEED and BREEAM Points
- SUDS Compliant
- Easy to install and maintain
- Controls storm-water run-off
Roof Project Criteria
- Architects required roofing specification which assisted in achieving LEED Points for the project.
- IKO put forward Permaphalt as it is a monolithic roofing system ideally suited for inverted roofs
- Suitable for zero falls deck construction
- Used under green roofs for over 80 years
- IKO Recommended ABG’S Blue Roof System
- IKO’s Waterproofing System, ABG Blue Roof and IKO Green Roof recommendations secured the project for IKO.
Inverted Permaphalt, polymer modified asphalt, concrete deck laid to zero falls, glass tissue layer loose laid and 3 x 10mm coats of asphalt.
ABG Blue Roof System
Green Roof Installed
- Plans submitted for 2 more blocks (Carbon Copy) directly across from Block 1.
- Local County Council have insisted on Blue Roof design for future blocks.
- IKO has already secured specification for next 2 blocks with the Client/Developer.