IKO Industries Ltd. (“IKO””) may collect personally identifiable information in the course of operating our business. When handling personal information, IKO adheres to the following policy, which is based on Canada´s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
- IKO will only collect personal information that is required in the course of normal business operations.
- Wherever necessary, IKO will advise third parties that process information on IKO´s behalf to provide a comparable level of privacy protection in respect of such information.
- IKO has appointed a Privacy Officer to ensure compliance with this statement. You may contact our Privacy Officer by completing this "FORM" or by contacting the Privacy Officer by telephone at 416-781-5545.
Identifying Purposes, Obtaining Consent and Limiting Use:
- When collecting personal information, IKO will disclose the purpose for the information collection and will obtain consent, when required, to allow IKO to use the information in the course of normal business operations.
- Please note that if the collection, use or disclosure of personal information is required or permitted by law, IKO will not seek consent.
- IKO safeguards personal information by employing security measures that are appropriate to the sensitivity level of the information in question.
Openness, Accuracy, Access and Challenging Compliance:
- IKO´s Privacy Officer may make available specific information about IKO´s policies and practices as they relate to the management of personal information.
- Upon being advised in writing of any inaccuracies, IKO will make the required changes to any personal information in our possession.
- IKO´s Privacy Officer will investigate every complaint related to IKO´s compliance with this Policy. If IKO finds a complaint to be justified, appropriate measures will be taken, including, if necessary, amending its policies and practices.