This website (collectively “IKO.com” or “Site”) is an interactive on-line service operated by IKO Industries Ltd., IKO Industries, Inc., and one or more of their affiliated or related companies worldwide (hereinafter “the IKO Group of Companies” or “IKO” or “We” or “Us”).
The purpose of this Privacy Statement (“Statement”) is to disclose to you what information We may collect, how We may collect it, with whom We may share it, and certain other matters related to such information, including the choices you have regarding our collection of information and our use and disclosure to other parties of information We may have collected from you.
IKO takes privacy seriously. The IKO Group of Companies are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect about you to facilitate commercial transactions and to provide you with a more personalized experience with this Site and with the IKO Group of Companies. We have created this Privacy Statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to protecting the privacy of all of our customers and visitors. The following paragraphs and sections of this Statement disclose the information-gathering and dissemination practices and policies of the IKO Group of Companies.
Except as otherwise discussed in this Statement, this document only addresses the use and disclosure of information We collect from you on-line or otherwise, including when We reference this Statement. For some services, We may collect and transfer personal information to a service provider you have selected, or you may visit other merchants or third parties through links on our Site who may collect and use your personal information in ways and manners different than IKO. We strongly encourage you to ask questions, to be very cautious, and ensure you are dealing with a reputable site or company before you disclose any personal or financial information to others.
Please read the following to learn more about our data collection policies and practices.
By using this Site you consent to and acknowledge the collection and use of your information by IKO as set forth in this Statement.
Personal Information Privacy Principles
We collect, store, process, and use any personal information Site users provide to us or that we otherwise gather on this Site or otherwise in accordance with the following principles:
- IKO will only collect personal information that is required or legitimate in the course of normal business operations.
- Wherever necessary, IKO will advise third parties that receive or process information on IKO’s behalf to provide a comparable level of privacy protection in respect of such information.
- IKO has appointed a Privacy Officer to ensure compliance with this statement. You may contact our Privacy Officer by completing this “FORM“ or by contacting the Privacy Officer by telephone at 416-781-5545.
Identifying Purposes, Obtaining Consent and Limiting Use:
- When collecting personal information, IKO will disclose the purpose for the information collection and will obtain consent, when required, to allow IKO to use the information in the course of normal business operations.
- Please note that if the collection, use or disclosure of personal information is permitted by law or required by court order or other legal proceeding, IKO will not seek additional consent or provide any additional notice to you.
- IKO safeguards personal information by employing security measures that are appropriate and commercially reasonable based on the sensitivity level of the information in question.
- However, as effective as our security measures are, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us, but before it gets to us, over the Internet. We ask that you do your part to ensure security of personal information, by maintaining any computer passwords you use to access the Internet or your computer strictly confidential, to use secure Internet connections, and to use virus-protected computer hardware whenever possible.
Openness, Accuracy, Access and Challenging Compliance:
- From time to time, IKO’s Privacy Officer may make available specific or additional information about IKO’s policies and practices as they relate to the management of personal information.
- Upon being advised in writing of any inaccuracies with regard to your personal information, IKO will use its best efforts to make any necessary or materially relevant changes to such information in our possession.
- IKO’s Privacy Officer is responsible for investigating any complaint related to IKO’s compliance with this Statement. If IKO finds a complaint to be justified, appropriate measures will be taken, including, if necessary, amending its policies and practices or updating this Statement.
Information We May Collect; Information Use
IKO may collect personally identifiable information, including name, title, company, address, e-mail address, phone numbers, and the like when you correspond with Us or submit questions or comments to Us through the Site or otherwise. We do not require you to provide personal information to obtain access to any public portions of our Site.
Any personal information we maintain about you will be used for the purpose indicated on the Site or as stated in this Statement or as specifically disclosed to you. IKO collects information to facilitate the services offered on this Site and to provide better and more useful services to the users of the Site, and to respond to queries or requests of users. If you submit personal information to Us through this Site, we may use your information to initiate periodic communications (by phone, fax, email, or mail) with you about services or products that are offered by IKO or any of its affiliates or business partners, about upcoming events that may be of interest to you, and similar types of information.
If you do not want us to communicate with you at all, or by specific modes of communication, or about certain types of information, you can “opt out” or customize your level of communications you received from Us as described below in the section entitled “Access, Amendment, and Deletion” below.
The information collected on this Site is currently stored on servers physically located within Canada and/or the United States; however, IKO reserves the right to store such information in any other location, as deemed necessary or desirable by IKO, in its sole discretion and without further notice.
Access, Amendment, and Deletion
If at any time you would like to correct, change or view personal information you have submitted to IKO on-line or otherwise through this Site, or otherwise, if you would like to remove your name completely from our database, or if you would like to customize what information you receive and how you receive it, please contact our Privacy Officer by completing this “FORM“, follow the instructions in any electronic communication for “opting out” from such communications in the future, or write to Us at:
Attn: Privacy Officer
Personal Information Sharing Practices
When you share personal information on this Site or otherwise with IKO, you are sharing that information with IKO, including our subsidiaries and related companies. We will not sell, exchange or otherwise distribute your personally identifiable information, without your consent, except to the extent required by law, in accordance with your instructions, or as otherwise set out in this Statement.
IKO may share your personal information with third party business partners or service providers so that they may provide services to IKO that are consistent with the terms of this Statement. As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy assets. In such transactions, user information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Therefore, please be advised that if IKO or any of its affiliated companies or subsidiaries were acquired or if all of the material assets of IKO or any of its affiliated companies or subsidiaries is sold, your personal information may be one of the transferred assets.
IKO may also disclose personal information collected through this Site or otherwise in special circumstances. For example, if it appears that a user is accessing or using the Site or our Servers for illegal or disruptive purposes to IKO or to any other party. We may also use personal information that we maintain about a user to resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems. IKO may also disclose personal information when IKO believes in good faith that such disclosure is required by law or necessary to protect other Site users or the public.
Limitation of Liability
By providing Us with any personal information, you expressly and unconditionally release and hold harmless IKO, its parents, shareholders, owners, members, and each of their subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the use and/or misuse of your collected personal information from the Site. In addition, while IKO takes efforts to ensure that the use of user personal information provided to third party companies, promotional partners or vendors shall be in accordance with this Statement, the Releasees are not liable for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the use and/or misuse of your collected personal information by such third parties.
This Statement was last updated on October 6, 2010. We reserve the right to modify this Statement from time to time and for any reason. If we modify this Statement, we will post the modified Statement on the Site – so please check back from time to time to ensure that you have reviewed and are familiar with the current terms and conditions set forth in this Statement.